Latest posts by Bruno Behrend (see all)
- Heartland Daily Podcast – Bruno Behrend: Homeschooling Blazing the Trail for Education Choice - April 14, 2016
- Heartland Daily Podcast – Bruno Behrend: Common Core - May 19, 2015
- The Insanity of Federalized Teacher Evaluations - February 21, 2012
Kudos to the California NAACP for endorsing the California Parent Trigger Legislation. This marks one of the few times an NAACP chapter broke from the NEA/AFT dogma that defends the horrible status quo in American education.
For more information about the Parent Trigger, go here.
It is time for more of the minority community to embrace real reform and throw off the shackles of a failed educations system. The disadvantaged and poor should abandon the “more money for failed schools” approach of the existing system.
It is time to break up the monopoly of the existing system, and the best way to do that is to allow parents with children in failing schools to either;
- transform those schools into independent charters, or
- allow the parents to redeem vouchers at any accredited school of their choice (including expansions in digital learning).
The current system is beyond reform. Let’s dismantle it.