That’s what I wrote yesterday in an opinion piece for the Harrisburg, Pa., Patriot-News, about Pennsylvania’s Alternative Energy Portfolio Standard, which requires utilities to purchase 18 percent of their electricity generation from renewable resources like wind and solar. The increased costs are passed on to residential and industrial customers. Why is this any more acceptable than government forcing you to buy health insurance? Repeal of AEPS ought to be automatic for Gov.-elect Tom Corbett and the new General Assembly.
Heartland on YouTube
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
- Climate Alarmism: When Is This Bozo Going Down?
- Can we please agree that workers probably bear at least some of the corporate tax burden? That’s what the research suggests | AEIdeas
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations