Government makes much more “profit” on a gallon of gasoline than the oil companies do — and at least the oil companies earned it by getting it out of the ground, refining it and trucking it to your corner station. Government just takes it, supposedly for road maintenance (but there are plenty of potholes in and around Chicago deep enough to hide a Winnebago).
- Previous story The GM (Government Motors) Debacle, and Gas Prices
- Next story Keynes v. Hayek – Enlightening, Funny, Brilliant
Heartland on YouTube
- Ten questions for Al Gore - Columnists - The Prince Albert Daily Herald
- Super Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson Doesn't Understand Statistics
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations