Government makes much more “profit” on a gallon of gasoline than the oil companies do — and at least the oil companies earned it by getting it out of the ground, refining it and trucking it to your corner station. Government just takes it, supposedly for road maintenance (but there are plenty of potholes in and around Chicago deep enough to hide a Winnebago).
- Previous story The GM (Government Motors) Debacle, and Gas Prices
- Next story Keynes v. Hayek – Enlightening, Funny, Brilliant
Chris Christie’s ‘Sin Tax’ on E-cigs Would Burn Quitters March 16, 2014
Cruz Bill Promotes Energy Liberation, Job Creation, Prosperity May 17, 2014
Heartland Daily Podcast: Mike LaFaive- Illinois Could Be Number One in Cigarette Smuggling December 10, 2013
The Age Of Unreason: Senate Democrat Budget Mythology April 2, 2013
Heartland on YouTube
- IRS Admits To A Smidgeon Of A Felony
- The Obama Doctrine
- At a time when violent crime in the US is the lowest in a generation why is there an epidemic of police violence?
- Michelle Obama's Crazy, Embarrassing Potato Manifesto
- The Purge Arrives at the University of Virginia: PC Thugs versus Douglas Laycock - ProfessorBainbridge.com
- Obama will wait until after election to impose his vision of how we should live
- Obama Assigns Troops to Global Warming Detail | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations