Government makes much more “profit” on a gallon of gasoline than the oil companies do — and at least the oil companies earned it by getting it out of the ground, refining it and trucking it to your corner station. Government just takes it, supposedly for road maintenance (but there are plenty of potholes in and around Chicago deep enough to hide a Winnebago).
- Previous story The GM (Government Motors) Debacle, and Gas Prices
- Next story Keynes v. Hayek – Enlightening, Funny, Brilliant
Protect the Poor – From Climate Change Policies September 27, 2014
BP Finds Sustainability in Oil and Gas, Sells Off Wind April 12, 2013
Teacher Freedom from Unions Continues to Rise July 22, 2014
Heartland Daily Podcast: Mike Stenhouse: Rhode Island Moving Toward Ending Sales Tax December 3, 2013
Heartland on YouTube
- The DiploMad 2.0: I Watched that "Madam Secretary" Show . . . Stunned Ox.
- Charles C. W. Cooke - Robert Kennedy Jr., Aspiring Tyrant
- Sorry, Politico, But Lois Lerner Is Not A Victim
- 5 Ways ISIS Can Reduce Its Carbon Footprint
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Wants To Jail His Political Opponents – Accuses Koch Brothers of ‘Treason’ – ‘They ought to be serving time for it’ | Climate Depot
- Anti-capitalist march in NYC mentions climate change; weather remains unchanged | Human Events
- SOON & MONCKTON: Boycotting the U.N. climate summit
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations