Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- The Left Blatantly Violates Election Law, and Will Get Away With It - October 24, 2016
- Cultural Marxism Update: YouTube Blacklists Prager University Videos - October 12, 2016
- Heartland’s Joy Pullmann on Stossel: Think Education is Expensive Now? Wait Until It’s Free - October 10, 2016
The Heartland Institute is holding its 6th International Conference on Climate Change — a two-day event on June 30 and July 1 in Washington, DC at the Marriott Wardman Park. Go here for more event details and go here to register for attendance.
This is the sixth time since 2008 Heartland will be joined by hundreds of leading scientists, economists, politicians and concerned citizens to put the lie to the idea — peddled by a whole industry of climate alarmists from Al Gore to the United Nations — that the “science is settled.” Far from it.
Our theme for our latest conference is “End of the Delusion,” a recognition that the public is waking up to the fact they’ve been scammed. And though the “sky is falling” crowd has been bloodied by scandals such as Climategate, they have not lost their determination to reorder society on a global scale. This is no time for a victory lap, but to keep the pressure on so that science — and not politics — informs U.S. policy on the climate.
We’re still in the early stages of planning, so the program is not yet firmed up. But featured speakers will include:
- Robert Carter, one of the leading climate scientists in Australia, and;
- Craig Idso, founder of the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change.
To get a flavor of what to expect at what we call ICCC6, check out these videos from past events.
Hope to see you there! Early registration discount ends May 27.