Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- And the Award for Media Hackery Goes to … The Weather Channel - April 18, 2019
- The Insanity Begins - February 13, 2019
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Ruined the Magic of the Original, Mostly Because it Couldn’t Hide the Woke Agenda - December 26, 2018
From today’s Daily Mail (Once again, you have to go to certain outlets of the British press to get decent reporting on this topic):
The world stopped getting warmer almost 16 years ago, according to new data released last week.
The figures, which have triggered debate among climate scientists, reveal that from the beginning of 1997 until August 2012, there was no discernible rise in aggregate global temperatures.
This means that the ‘plateau’ or ‘pause’ in global warming has now lasted for about the same time as the previous period when temperatures rose, 1980 to 1996. Before that, temperatures had been stable or declining for about 40 years.
That last paragraph is significant, at least for the career of Al Gore. He told us in his 1992 book Earth In the Balance: “We must make the rescue of the environment the central organizing principle for civilization” because of man-caused catastrophic global warming. We needed a “Global Marshall Plan” to reorder the societies of the world. And, at that time, global temperatures were rising.
Gore followed that up with his book and movie, An Inconvenient Truth — which outlined a deepening “global climate crisis” due to rising temperatures — and earned him an Oscar and a Nobel Peace Prize. The film and book came out in 2006, in the middle of the “pause” in the rise in global temperatures. Now that’s what I call inconvenient. Here’s the graph to kill the hockey stick:
So, to sum up: Global temperatures have not been rising for about as long as they had risen after a similarly long period of cooling. None of that was predicted by the likes of Al Gore, the alarmist MSM, the United Nations, and the “respectable” scientists who assured us the Earth was rising to an inevitable and catastrophic boil.
How often do the Roosters of the Apocalypse have to be wrong before they start receiving the public mockery they have well earned?
The Heartland Institute has been comprehensively reporting the real, non-alarmist science on the climate for years. You’d do well to:
- Watch our seven International Conferences on Climate Change.
- Review our two peer-reviewed scientific volumes, Climate Change Reconsidered and Climate Change Reconsidered: 2011 Interim Report.
- Visit the environment suite at Heartland.org
- Subscribe to our Climate Change Weekly newsletter.
- Check out our friends at the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC).
- Read the Environment Section of the Heartlander digital magazine.
- Listen to our Environment & Climate News Podcast, including a very prescient recent podcast with Heartland Institute Science Director Jay Lehr on the “Case Against Global Warming Alarmism.”
That’s just for starters … if you want to be truly informed about what’s going on, and no longer played for a fool by the MSM.