Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
The Heartland Institute is partnering with the Germany-based European Institute for Climate and Energy (EIKE) to host the Eighth International Conference on Climate Change. The event is also the Fifth International Conference on Climate and Energy. This is the second time The Heartland Institute has hosted a climate conference outside the United States. The fifth International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC-5) was held in Sydney, Australia in 2010.
Dr. S. Fred Singer, Heartland senior fellow and director of the Science and Environmental Policy Project, and Heartland Senior Fellow James M. Taylor join many internationally renowned scientists for the first two-day ICCC-sponsored event in Europe.
Among the scientists presenting at ICCC-8:
- Dr. Thomas Teluk, Globalization Institute, Poland
- Dr. Gernot Patzelt, University of Innsbruck
- Dr. Josef Reichholf, Committee for Ecology, Bavarian Academy of Science
- Dr. Marcus Ernst, president, Peutinger Collegium
- Dr. Paul Reiter, Unité “Insectes et Maladies Infectieuses” Institut Pasteur, Paris
- Dr. Josef Reichholf, Committee for Ecology of the Bavarian Academy of Science
- Dr. Niels Axel Mörner, Department of Paleogeophysics & Geodynamics, University of Stockholm
- Dr. Nir Shaviv, Racah Institute of Physics, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Jacob Nordangård, Department of Thematic Studies, Technology and Social Change, Linköping University
The Heartland Institute has hosted seven previous International Conferences on Climate Change, the most recent in Chicago in May 2012. More information on those previous conferences — including videos of the presentations by some of the world’s most respected climate scientists — can be found at the ICCC Web site.
The following comments may be used for attribution. For more information, contact Heartland Institute Communications Director Jim Lakely at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312/377-4000. On deadline, send an email or call/text 312/731-9364.
“This conference is more proof, if any were needed, that important issues surrounding the causes, extent, and consequences of climate change remain unresolved in the scientific community,” said Heartland Institute President Joseph Bast. “We are honored to partner with the European Institute for Climate and Energy to showcase sound science and economics on the most important environmental debate of our age.”
“I am looking forward to bringing The Heartland Institute’s International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC) to European soil this month,” said James M. Taylor, senior fellow for environment policy at The Heartland Institute. “It will mark the eighth ICCC, with events held on three continents. The scientific evidence grows stronger each day that we are not facing a global warming crisis, and I look forward to presenting another conference where the scientists themselves will explain the evidence.”