Since posting David Suzuki’s amazing rant against The Heartland Institute on our blog yesterday we’ve gotten dozens of great reactions from friends and allies around the world. Comments posted on Anthony Watts’s blog are funny enough to cheer even the most depressed climate realist:
A comment writer there provided a link to YouTube of Suzuki in 1972 calling humans maggots:
Deep, man. I’ll have what he was smoking. After viewing this lecture, I guess we should be grateful he didn’t tell us to eat his excrement.
Suzuki, by the way, never got over his hippie radicalism, calling for politicians who discover that science debunks climate alarmism to be jailed.
Here are some other comments we’ve received, with the names of their authors withheld to protect the quipsters:
- Isn’t being a geneticist the same as being a climatologist? Suzuki claims a lot of territory for someone so unpublished in any field. Apparently, genetics education has a limited vocabulary perhaps borrowed from hip-hop.
- Oh, that’s rich! You should treasure that as one of the better evidences that you’re right. When people think they have the facts on their side, they argue the facts. When they know they don’t, the attack the person.
- On the basis of Mr. Suzuki’s withering critique, I think we should rethink our position on catastrophic anthropogenic climate change. He has convinced me.
- I love it! the Great One speaks. I don’t think his mother ever even told him there was such a thing as civil discourse. But at least you certainly got his attention. Do you think he actually read Rael’s book?
- God help me, I am so tired of this kind of response. And I know responses are going to get worse — much worse — as the Dems take up the global warming/climate change issue again. Good luck!
- He is among the most opportunistic fear mongers in the entire world.
- I loved the “One South Wacko Drive” address that David Suzuki used and the fact that the Post Office delivered it!
- If David Suzuki thinks that you are the worst, that is a considerable honor. Perhaps you should send the same book to Al Gore to see if he has a similarly eloquent vocabulary and a similarly low opinion of you! There is no harm in getting a second opinion! 🙂