Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- Heartland on the Radio: Peter Ferrara on Tony Katz Today - July 7, 2017
- Heartland on the Radio: Jay Lehr on Rural Route - July 7, 2017
- Heartland on the Radio: Tim Huelskamp on Breitbart News Daily - July 6, 2017
But let’s get a couple of things straight:
1. Alyssa Carducci, the woman who wrote the story for Media Trackers — Florida, had her facts straight from the start. She explains it all here. It’s the truth.
2. It somehow generates a tingle in the hockey sticks of the enviro-left (Mann, especially) to hook anything about the public debunking of climate alarmism to The Heartland Institute, and it’s starting to get ridiculous.
Alyssa interned at Heartland in 2010, but now she’s now a free-lance writer who contributes regularly to Heartland’s publications. Like most free-lancers, Alyssa also writes for other outlets, including Media Trackers. What does it matter? Alyssa is as “affiliated” with Heartland much as Mann’s favorite Associated Press reporter Seth Borenstein is “affiliated” with any paper that ran his stories on any given day.
We’re proud of Alyssa’s reporting. I dare say we’re more comfortable with her than many of the AP’s affiliates that took a pass on Seth’s embarassing “Can Obama Keep Warmer Inauguration Weather Pledge?” story that ran over the wires on Friday.
One more thing: It’s quite rich for Mann and his social media acolytes to compare this imaginary “controversy” to how Peter Gleick committed the crimes of fraud and theft against Heartland in the Fakegate scandal. It’s even worse when Peter Gleick — an admitted fraud and thief — joins in via his Facebook account.