Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- President Obama Poised to ‘Ratify’ Fake Paris Climate Agreement in China - September 1, 2016
- Heartland Daily Podcast – Chris Hughes: On the Front Lines of the FDA’s War on Vaping - August 25, 2016
- GOP VP Candidate Mike Pence Praises The Heartland Institute - July 20, 2016
The redesign of The Heartland Institute’s Somewhat Reasonable blog is now live! Its designed to be prettier; faster; better-organized; easier to read, navigate and search; more visually dynamic, more fun to share with friends, and easy to find and visit other sites in Heartland’s digital presence. Keeping tabs on the commentary of Heartland’s staffers, fellows, and policy advisors is now a better experience than ever.
New features of the redesigned Somewhat Reasonable include:
- A “slider” at the top of the blog that features up to five posts of our choosing.
- Much faster load times on the “front end” for the reader, and the “back end” for the bloggers.
- Links in the menu bar below the masthead sorted by the same categories as at Heartland.org and at the Heartlander digital magazine for consistency and easy reference/research.
- A right sidebar that is a lot cleaner and more functional than on the old blog.
- A cleaner and more attractive “Heartland on YouTube” feature in that right sidebar.
- A search bar right where people look for it – top right of the page – that works quickly to find what you want via keywords.
- Social media buttons that are discreet, but noticeable and useful, embedded into the masthead.
- Links at the very top of the page that send people to Heartland.org and the Heartlander digital magazine – as well as a drop-down of “Reasonable People” to quickly find everything written by author. (One can also use the “Reasonable People” links prominently featured in the right column.)
- A “most popular this month” feature that lets you see the hottest posts at Somewhat Reasonable at a glance.
- A “tag cloud” at the bottom of the right sidebar so folks can see at a glance what keywords are used the most.
I hope you all like the new Somewhat Reasonable blog as much as we do.