The proposed Marketplace Fairness Act would force Internet retailers to collect sales tax for the state and local governments of their customers, even if their business does not have a physical presence in those jurisdictions.[Subscribe to the Heartland Daily Podcast free at this link.]
- Previous story What Do Dish-Sprint, Google Fiber, & T-Mobile’s No Contracts, All Mean?
- Next story The Immigration Trap
Taxpayers Foot The Bill For Study Supporting New Internet Sales Taxes November 21, 2013
Wide Support for Internet Access Tax Moratorium April 10, 2014
Harry Reid Remains Obstinately, Perversely Insistent on Taxing the Internet July 29, 2014
Heartland Daily Podcast: The Housing Recovery Looks Real October 22, 2012
Heartland on YouTube
- Ten questions for Al Gore - Columnists - The Prince Albert Daily Herald
- Super Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson Doesn't Understand Statistics
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations