The proposed Marketplace Fairness Act would force Internet retailers to collect sales tax for the state and local governments of their customers, even if their business does not have a physical presence in those jurisdictions.[Subscribe to the Heartland Daily Podcast free at this link.]
- Previous story What Do Dish-Sprint, Google Fiber, & T-Mobile’s No Contracts, All Mean?
- Next story The Immigration Trap
Rand Paul: Attach Spending Cuts to All Major Bills December 28, 2010
Heartland Daily Podcast: Geof White on an Entrepreneurial Way to Pay for College October 14, 2012
America’s Health Care in Crisis: Fighting Back Against Obamacare October 31, 2013
Heartland Daily Podcast: Adam Thierer Talks Information, Techonology and Cronyism July 17, 2013
Heartland on YouTube
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
- Climate Alarmism: When Is This Bozo Going Down?
- Can we please agree that workers probably bear at least some of the corporate tax burden? That’s what the research suggests | AEIdeas
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations