The proposed Marketplace Fairness Act would force Internet retailers to collect sales tax for the state and local governments of their customers, even if their business does not have a physical presence in those jurisdictions.[Subscribe to the Heartland Daily Podcast free at this link.]
- Previous story What Do Dish-Sprint, Google Fiber, & T-Mobile’s No Contracts, All Mean?
- Next story The Immigration Trap
Heartland Daily Podcast: Geof White on an Entrepreneurial Way to Pay for College October 14, 2012
Food Stamp Program Riddled with Waste and Fraud November 30, 2013
Heartland Daily Podcast: The Folly of Renewable Power Mandates April 12, 2013
Wide Support for Internet Access Tax Moratorium April 10, 2014
Heartland on YouTube
- GAO: 91 Percent Of Fake Obamacare Applicants Gain Subsidized Coverage
- Inside the IRS, part 6
- Some Questions (Especially for Students of Formal Economics)
- If Common Core Can’t Make It in New York, Can It Make It Anywhere?
- Appellate court: Ground Zero cross can stay - Hot Air
- Biden: "I Should Have Had One Republican Kid To Go Out And Make Money"
- Ayn Rand vs. Paul Ryan | AEIdeas
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations