At the start of this year makers of medical devices became subject to a federal excise tax on their products. It’s an especially bad way to fund Obamacare, says the Tax Foundation’s Kyle Pomerleau, because it could reduce innovation, raise costs of medical care, and cause conflict within the medical industry over who should ultimately bear the burden of the tax.Heartland Daily Podcast free at this link.]
- Previous story Federal Government Looking to Tax Internet – And Let States Do It Too
- Next story President Obama’s Predictable Budget: More Spending, More Tax Increases
Heartland on YouTube
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
- Climate Alarmism: When Is This Bozo Going Down?
- Can we please agree that workers probably bear at least some of the corporate tax burden? That’s what the research suggests | AEIdeas
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations