Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- Yes, New York Times Commenter Maggie Mae, ‘The Heartland’ Matters - January 9, 2017
- The Year in Climate Realism: A Review of 2016 - January 6, 2017
- Dear President-elect Trump: Don’t Listen to Ben Santer - December 28, 2016
Joy has established a reputation as one of the nation’s most knowledgeable experts on the Common Core education standards, and why they must be opposed by parents, teachers, school boards, and the states. Joy has recently testified on the subject in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, and has spoken to Tea Party audiences in several other states.
- Dr. Sandra Stotsky, professor emerita of Education Reform in the Department of Education Reform at the University of Arkansas.
- Christy Hooley, a teacher from Wyoming
- Tony Urso, an activist in Wisconsin
- Whitney Neal, director of grassroots for FreedomWorks
Listen via the player above, or download at the player below. Also be sure to get your copies of Heartland’s latest booklet, authored by Joy, titled The Common Core: A Bad Idea for America to share with family, friends, your Tea Party group — anyone who needs to know why Common Core is a bad idea and why it must be stopped.