Steve Staneck interviews Ben Van Metre, Senior Budget, Tax and Policy Analyst at the Illinois Policy Institute, regarding Illinois’ movement from Flat tax to Progressive income tax. This movement is in opposition to more successful financial states who have adopted the Flat tax. States with Flat taxes have higher growth rates of employment and GDP, than those states who have Progressive income tax. Ben Van Metre explains how the volatile Progressive tax is detrimental to states due to its dependence on the shifting economy.
- Previous story Birthdays
- Next story NIPCC Team Talking ‘Climate Change Reconsidered’ on The Roger Hedgecock Show
Heartland on YouTube
- MSNBC host Chris Hayes pens radical 'climate justice' manifesto | WashingtonExaminer.com
- Who Owns the Land?
- The terrible economic burden of occupational licensing
- Competition, disruptive innovation, and men's razors
- Althouse: The Clinton White House "conspiracy commerce memo" warned, in 1995, that "THE INTERNET... allows an extraordinary amount of unregulated data and information to be located in one area and available to all."
- The Epic Hypocrisy of Tom Steyer
- Competition, Rent-Seeking, and High-Frequency Trading
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama California carbon dioxide Chicago climate change CO2 Congress Democrats economics education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change internet IPCC liberty Mitt Romney net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation Republicans ronald reagan Taxes teachers unions tea party technology United Nations