Steve Staneck interviews Ben Van Metre, Senior Budget, Tax and Policy Analyst at the Illinois Policy Institute, regarding Illinois’ movement from Flat tax to Progressive income tax. This movement is in opposition to more successful financial states who have adopted the Flat tax. States with Flat taxes have higher growth rates of employment and GDP, than those states who have Progressive income tax. Ben Van Metre explains how the volatile Progressive tax is detrimental to states due to its dependence on the shifting economy.
- Previous story Birthdays
- Next story NIPCC Team Talking ‘Climate Change Reconsidered’ on The Roger Hedgecock Show
Will Illinois’ New Marijuana Law Eventually Duplicate the Results in CO and CA? January 11, 2014
Heartland Daily Podcast: Stanek and Nothdurft on how TIFS Can Wreck Your City July 3, 2013
Ten Bold New Projects for 2012 March 1, 2012
The Austrian Economists Who Refuted Marx (and Obama) March 14, 2014
Heartland on YouTube
- The DiploMad 2.0: I Watched that "Madam Secretary" Show . . . Stunned Ox.
- Charles C. W. Cooke - Robert Kennedy Jr., Aspiring Tyrant
- Sorry, Politico, But Lois Lerner Is Not A Victim
- 5 Ways ISIS Can Reduce Its Carbon Footprint
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Wants To Jail His Political Opponents – Accuses Koch Brothers of ‘Treason’ – ‘They ought to be serving time for it’ | Climate Depot
- Anti-capitalist march in NYC mentions climate change; weather remains unchanged | Human Events
- SOON & MONCKTON: Boycotting the U.N. climate summit
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations