Steve Staneck interviews Ben Van Metre, Senior Budget, Tax and Policy Analyst at the Illinois Policy Institute, regarding Illinois’ movement from Flat tax to Progressive income tax. This movement is in opposition to more successful financial states who have adopted the Flat tax. States with Flat taxes have higher growth rates of employment and GDP, than those states who have Progressive income tax. Ben Van Metre explains how the volatile Progressive tax is detrimental to states due to its dependence on the shifting economy.
- Previous story Birthdays
- Next story NIPCC Team Talking ‘Climate Change Reconsidered’ on The Roger Hedgecock Show
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- The Two Failures of Barack Obama - Ricochet
- Pope Francis Is A Leftist And Must Be Called Out
- Climate Cliche Watch, Chapter 1
- Pfeiffer: President's State of the Union Plan Will 'Absolutely Not' Pass
- Lame Duck Obama Gets Old-time Left-Wing Religion
- The Fox News Obsession
- 5 Reasons to Tune Out Russell Brand's 'Revolution'
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy healthcare Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations