Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- And the Award for Media Hackery Goes to … The Weather Channel - April 18, 2019
- The Insanity Begins - February 13, 2019
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Ruined the Magic of the Original, Mostly Because it Couldn’t Hide the Woke Agenda - December 26, 2018
Heartland Institute President Joseph Bast on Thursday moderated an excellent panel discussion about the current state of climate science at CPAC 2014. He was a great choice as moderator considering Heartland is known around the world (according to The Economist magazine) as “the world’s most prominent think tank promoting skepticism about man-made climate change.”
The observable data continues to defy the climate models of the alarmist scientific community, while the “realist” scientists — who follow the data and adhere to the scientific method — are increasingly vindicated as the years pass.
That fact — and many others — are discussed by the distinguished CPAC panel:
- Steve Milloy, director of external policy and strategy for Murray Energy Corporation (and founder of JunkScience.com)
- Marc Morano, publisher of Climate Depot (and former staffer for Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-OK)
- Dr. Marlo Lewis, senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute
- George Landrith, president of Frontiers of Freedom
- Shannon Smith, CEO of Abundant Power Group
Watch the discussion below … and watch this space for news about Heartland’s next international conference on climate change, coming July 7-9 in Las Vegas!