Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
Heartland Institute President Joseph Bast on Thursday moderated an excellent panel discussion about the current state of climate science at CPAC 2014. He was a great choice as moderator considering Heartland is known around the world (according to The Economist magazine) as “the world’s most prominent think tank promoting skepticism about man-made climate change.”
The observable data continues to defy the climate models of the alarmist scientific community, while the “realist” scientists — who follow the data and adhere to the scientific method — are increasingly vindicated as the years pass.
That fact — and many others — are discussed by the distinguished CPAC panel:
- Steve Milloy, director of external policy and strategy for Murray Energy Corporation (and founder of JunkScience.com)
- Marc Morano, publisher of Climate Depot (and former staffer for Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-OK)
- Dr. Marlo Lewis, senior fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute
- George Landrith, president of Frontiers of Freedom
- Shannon Smith, CEO of Abundant Power Group
Watch the discussion below … and watch this space for news about Heartland’s next international conference on climate change, coming July 7-9 in Las Vegas!