Latest posts by Nancy Thorner (see all)
- An Easy Way to Teach Kids About Free Enterprise - October 26, 2016
- Grassroots Movement Afoot to Eliminate Dept of Ed and Common Core - October 25, 2016
- John Lott at Heartland: The ‘War on Guns’ - October 20, 2016
Co-author Elizabeth Clarke remembers attending a speech in Waukegan, IL with her late husband in the summer of 1967, at which Senator Everett Dirksen (Senator Dirksen represented Illinois in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1933 – 1939 and the U.S. Senate from 1951 until his death in 1969.) spoke passionately against the then-pending Supreme Court case of Keyishian et al v Board of Regents that ruled against loyalty oaths.
Dinsh D’Souza, star and director of the movie, “America: Imagine the World without Her,” engaged in a recent one-on-one debate with Bill Ayers on Friday, January 31, at Dartmouth in which Ayers began by celebrating what he considered to be great about America. Ayers made no reference to the Founding Fathers, nor did Ayers mention Abraham Lincoln. Instead, Ayers spoke of a protest tradition in America, going back to the 19th-century socialists and continuing through the 20th-cntury progressives, right up to himself.
It is evident that Bill and Bernardine Dohrn, as unrepentant radicals of the sixties, figured out that by becoming professors they would be able to change the system to achieve their same revolutionary goals through the classroom where they could shape young minds. Listen here to the Dinesh D’Souza/Bill Ayers debate at Dartmouth College.
Expansiveness of Ayers/Obama relationship
Regarding Ayers’ radical background and his connection to Obama, which Ayers denies and which Senator Obama dismissed when running for president in 2008 as “just a guy who lives in my neighborhood,” reporter Stanley Kurtz relates how Obama’s first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at the Ayers’ Chicago home. Moreover, Bill Ayers has ties to at least ten people in the White House Administration.
Kurtz also links Obama in a big way to the Chicago Annenberg Challenge. Founded by Ayers in 1995, Obama was appointed the first chairman of the CAC board in 1995. In archives reviewed by Kurtz housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Kurtz uncovered information showing how Barack Obama and Bill Ayers worked as a team to advance the CAC agenda patterned after Bill Ayers’ radical educational philosophy which “called for infusing students and their parents with a radical political commitment.” Achievement tests were downplayed in favor of activism.
According to a lengthy article, titled, They’re all Together, appearing in the September 2011 issue of the “American Spectator” and written by Alfred S. Regnery, a former publisher of The American Spectator who served in the Justice Department during the Reagan Administration, “They’re all together” refers to Mr. and Mrs. Bill Ayers and their friend, the president. Four factors were related in Mr. Regnery’s article as to why the importance of Bill and Bernadine Ayers’ long friendship with President Obama.
1. It is important, first, because Obama along with Ayers and Dohrn, went to great lengths to mislead voters during the fall of 2008. They “just lived in the same neighborhood” and had little contact, they pretended. On the contrary, The American Spectator’s investigation has concluded that Obama and his campaign staff, with the help of the mainstream media, lied outright about his relationship with Ayers. It has also concluded that Ayers lied about it as well.
2. The relationship is important, second, because Ayers and Dohrn are not reformed former radicals who have abandoned their old habits. Indeed, they are unrepentant violent radicals. . . who may have adopted new tactics to upend the U.S. and what it stands for, but whose goals remain just what they were in 1970.
3. Furthermore, the relationship is important because of the policies and issues that both Ayers and, to a lesser degree, Dohrn worked on with Obama during the 20 years preceding his election to the presidency and to the extent to which these hard-core left-wingers influenced today’s president of the United States.
4. Finally, it is important because of Ayers’ relationship, through his powerful businessman father, with Chicago’s Daley family, who happens to be among the most ardent Obama supporters and promoters. Interesting is that Richard M. Daley as Chicago’s states’s attorney presided over the plea bargain of Bernadine Dohrn when she surfaced from the underground.
If you still doubt the close and 20-plus-year-relationship between Bill and Bernardine Dohrn and President Obama, read this riveting and all-telling comprehensive article titled, “The Obama File, Bill Ayers”. In that the two menshared an office, Obama knew very well who he was associating with. In 1989, Bernadine Dohrn and Michelle Obama were associates at the Chicago law firm of Sidley & Austin, when Obama joined the firm as a summer intern. Claims by Ayers and Obama that they have encountered each other occasionally in pubic or in the neighborhood, is dead wrong. Ayers had a part in bringing the 24-year old Obama to Chicago when Obama was hired by the Woods Fund in 1985 as an organizer on Chicago’s economically depressed South Side.”
Is this nation already The United Socialist States of America?
The liberal college campus professors who helped reelect Barack Obama are now hard at work indoctrinating a new generation of students to turn into radical leftists. Radical liberal professors, such as Ayers now retired, and Dohrn are entrenched at America’s universities and have tenure with scores of allies in the media and at academic institutions throughout the world. They despise America and are working to turn out yet another generation of American students who don’t understand why our country is unique and our freedom so precious.
An interesting perspective of this nation was presented by Jeffrey T. Kuhner in his published article in March of 2010, titled, The United Socialist State of America. Kuhner believed four years ago that President Obama was close to completing his socialist revolution to transform America. In Kuhner’s words:
From his days as a student radical, Mr. Obama has been obsessed with smashing the traditional free-market system. Like most leftists, he thinks capitalism is the enemy. ‘He was a Marxist-socialist in college,’ according to John C. Drew who knew Mr. Obama as a university student. In an interview Drew told Kuhner that ‘He [Obama] kept talking about the need to overthrow capitalism in favor of a working-class revolution.’
It is not by chance that both Standley Kurtz and Jeffrey Kuhner linked Obama with his longtime associates William Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who along with Obama’s minister, Jeremiah Wright — all supporters of Marxist liberation, — expressed deep hatred for the United States, further believing that “only fundamental, sweeping change can redeem America.”
The claim Kuhner made in 2010 that President Obama is giving birth to a new nation, the United Socialist States of America (USSA) is not far-fetched. Obama learned his lessons well as a student of activism in “Rules for Radicals” by neo-Trotskyite Saul Alinsky, which Obama applied when he worked with Bill Ayes as a Chicago community organizer in association with the Annenberg Challenge. Jeffrey Kuhner’s article is a must read in its entirety.
Fast forward to today when Obama continues to undermine the traditional system of checks and balances established by the Founding Fathers. Much quoted is what was said in 1887 by Alexander Tyler, a Scottish history professor at the University of Edinburgh, about the fall of the Athenian Republic some 2,000 years before:
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. . . From that moment on the majority always vote for the candidates who promises the most benefits from the public treasury. . . every democracy will finally collapse . . . always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been about 200 years.
Common Core as the final nail in the coffin
As a final thought, radical progressive educators, enabled by massive funding from left-leaning Bill Gates, concocted Common Core. States bought into it in 2010, sight unseen, as Obama’s new and improved education program. Common Core History standards, which reflect the thinking of progressive educators like Bill and Bernadine Ayers and President Obama, are already being taught to our children. Are you fine with this as parents?
- A relentlessly negative view of American history, which emphasizes every problem and failing of our ancestors while ignoring or minimizing their achievements.
- Almost total silence about the Founding Fathers, including no mention of Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, and Adams, and almost none of the Declaration of Independence.
- Omission of military history, battles, commanders, and heroes.
- A biased and inaccurate view of many important facets of American history, including the motivations and actions of 17th-19th-century settlers, American involvement in World War II, and the conduct of and victory in the Cold War.
If allowed to continue unchecked in the public schools, the progressive Common Core standards will be the final nail in the coffin that will complete the transition from a once proud, prosperous and strong Republic to the United Socialist States of America, without a shot being fired, through the indoctrination of impressionable children with socialist ideas and doctrine.
This is not the time to sit back and do nothing. Time is running out. Take an active role in what your children are learning in school. Furthermore, become involved in promoting candidates who will, if elected, follow constitutional principles and fight for what is right and just.
Other articles by Nancy Thorner and Elizabeth Clarke on the radicalization of colleges where nontenured, radical professors indoctrinate young people with ideas and policies akin to Socialism.
1. Cloward and Piven’s Marxist-based radicalism alive today: http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/07/thorner-clarke-cloward-and-pivens-marxist-based-radicalism-alive-today.html#more
2. Past time for Ayers to confess past terrorism acts and Obama ties:http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/08/thorner-clarke-past-time-for-ayers-to-confess-past-terrorism-acts-and-obama-ties.html#more
3. Terrorists Bill and Bernadine Ayers slip unchallenged into roles as disinguished prfessors:http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2014/08/thorner-clarke-terrorists-bill-and-bernadine-ayers-slip-unchallenged-into-roles-as-distinguished-pro.html#comments
[Originally published at Illinois Review]