Latest posts by H. Sterling Burnett (see all)
- Trump’s ESA Changes: A Good Start - September 18, 2019
- Watermelons Use Green New Deal, Paris Treaty to Impose Socialism - August 15, 2019
- Mainstream Media Abandons Journalism for Activism on Climate Change - August 15, 2019
Additionally, an article by Hurricane Guru Bill Gray in the Coloradan points out:
• Winter snow cover has been gradually increasing across the northern hemisphere in recent years.
• Antarctic sea ice is now at record high levels. Net global sea ice has shown no long-period downward trend.
• U.S. and global droughts, floods and severe weather have shown no significant changes over the past half century when atmospheric CO2 amounts have risen by 35 percent.
• The United States is currently experiencing the longest continuous period (nine years) without a major hurricane strike. Tornado activity has been below average the past three years.
These results confound climate alarmists who trust computer models more than their own senses and actual climate observations. The models can’t account for any of these trends.
Gray points out natural climate change and severe and unusual weather events have always occurred and will continue to occur in the future regardless of atmospheric CO2 levels.
As a result, switching to renewable energy will greatly raise our energy costs and significantly lower the U.S.’s and the world’s standard of living, but do nothing for the environment.
Only misanthropes could recommend making the world less hospitable for humans – perhaps this is the real reason alarmists continue to push for energy restrictions despite the mounting evidence global warming, if it starts up again, will be mild and possibly beneficial?