Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep182) – Doubling Down on Renewable Failure, $60T Medicare 4 All, Doctor Shortages - March 15, 2019
- In The Tank (ep181) – Illinois Progressive Tax Scheme, Cali County Bans Solar Farm, Gov Steals Dog over Tax Debt - March 8, 2019
- In The Tank (ep180) – $100+ Trillion Green New Deal, Solar Panel Waste, Medicare for All, Minimum Wage - March 1, 2019
With John MIA, Donny is joined by Director of Communications Jim Lakely in this week’s exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #48 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Cato Institute, the Rio Grande Foundation, and the James Madison Institute.
Jim and Donny start off the podcast talking about the latest attack on the freedom of speech by Democratic Senators with their #WebOfDenial campaign. The Heartland Institute was singled out more times than any other organization in the Senators’ name and shame stunt.
Featured Work of the Week
In this Featured Work of the Week segment, Donny and Jim discuss a research paper from the Cato Institute titled “Downsizing the Federal Government.” The report describes a course of action that could be taken to get government spending under control. Going far beyond the tried appeal to reducing waste, fraud, and abuse, this report proposes major cuts to dozens of federal departments and services. As Donny explains, these cuts will surely impact everyone in the country, but in the effort of solving the ongoing debt crisis, it is necessary.
In the World of Think Tankery
In this week’s “think tankery” segment, Donny and Jim look at a study by the Rio Grande Foundation titled “New Mexico’s Renewable Portfolio Standard: An Evaluation of its Impact on the State Economy.” The report takes a close look and the benefits and drawbacks of these mandates specifically in the state of New Mexico.
In the last part of this segment, Donny and Jim talk about a publication from the James Madison Institute titled “Solving the Everglades Riddle.” This issue of restoring the Everglades has been the subject of debate for decades. This report gives a detailed look at the current situation, what led to the current situation and what we can do to help. Never let anyone tell you that free-market, and limited-government advocates don’t care about the environment.
- John Locke Foundation (Monday, July 25) With All Due Respect, What Are You Thinking? @ the John Locke Foundation in Raleigh, North Carolina
- The Heartland Institute (Wednesday, July 27) The Use of State Power to Silence Patriots featuring Eric O’Keefe @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois
heartland daily podcast, hdpodcast, podcast, in the tank, itt, donald kendal, donny kendal, jim lakelly, public policy, cato, institute, cutting, spending, federal, government, rio grande foundation, renewable energy, mandates, james madison, everglades, riddle, energy, environment, budget, taxes,