Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep144) – Elitism of the Left, Trump Trade, Seattle Head Tax Repeal, and More - June 15, 2018
- In The Tank (ep143) – Social Security Insolvency, Free College?, and Vermont Paying You to Live There - June 8, 2018
- In The Tank (ep142) – Han Solo, Right to Try Passes, and Robots Taking Our Jobs - June 1, 2018
John and Donny continue their weekly exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #57 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from EdChoice, The Heritage Foundation, and the Pacific Research Institute.
Featured Work of the Week
Today’s PolicyBot featured work of the week comes from EdChoice. Their “Surveying State Legislators” report examines the views of state legislators on K-12 education and choice-based policies. John and Donny discuss the findings of the report and what these findings mean.
In the World of Think Tankery
Donny and John talk about an article authored by Curtis Dubay from the Heritage Foundation titled “Goodlatte’s Internet Sales Tax Plan Is Better, but Still Falls Short.” John explains why Goodlatte’s plan is an improvement over the Marketplace Fairness Act, and where it falls short.
Next, they talk about an article produced by the Pacific Research Institute titled “Stop Squandering California’s Energy Resources.” In the context of California shuttering its only nuclear power plant, this article outlines all the missteps made by California which has resulted in a growing energy crisis in the state.
- (Monday, September 26) John Locke Foundation – The Future of Nuclear Energy @ The John Locke Foundation in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- (Wednesday, September 28) Cato Institute – Unraveled: Obamacare, Religious Liberty, and Executive Power @ The Cato Institute in Washington D.C.
- (Wednesday, September 28) The Heartland Institute – The Collapse of Communism featuring Robert Buchar @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.