Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep174) – Stopping Socialism Part 2: Full Socialism Is Evil Presentation - January 18, 2019
- In The Tank (ep173) – Impossible Green New Deal, ESAs in Tennessee, and Unconstitutional Obamacare - January 11, 2019
- In The Tank (ep172) – Human Freedom Index, China, Nuclear Power, and Automation - January 4, 2019
John and Donny continue their weekly exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #58 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Tax Foundation, the National Center for Policy Analysis, and the Idaho Freedom Foundation.
Featured Work of the Week
Today’s PolicyBot featured work of the week comes from the Tax Foundation. The Tax Foundation recently released their “2017 State Business Tax Climate Index.” This index compares states by their tax policies, creating a ranking. Donny and John discuss the report on the whole and talk about the top and bottom 5 states in the ranking.
In the World of Think Tankery
Donny and John talk about a report by the National Center for Policy Analysis titled “Taxi versus Uber: The Regulations, the People, the Money and the Future.” The report explains how the taxi industry became so over-regulated, and how this over-regulation opened the door for the innovative “ride-sharing” company, Uber.
Next, they discuss a Policy memo released by the Idaho Freedom Foundation titled “History Lessons: Local Organizations Can Provide Care for the Poor.” The Policy memo provides a list a policy recommendations that promote vounteerism and community-based charities, instead of expanding government programs like Medicaid.
- (Wednesday, October 5) The Competitive Enterprise Institute – Enemies of Debate: How Our Opponents Use the Government to Shut Down Public Debate @ the Gaylord Opryland Report in Nashville, Tennessee.
- (Wednesday, October 5) The Heartland Institute – John Lott: The War on Guns @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- (Thursday, October 13) The Heritage Foundation – The All-Out Assault on the First Amendment: Restricting Speech, Religion, and Association.