Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep145) – IG Report Exposes Depth of the Swamp. Climate Hysteria, California Split into 3 States? - June 22, 2018
- In The Tank (ep144) – Elitism of the Left, Trump Trade, Seattle Head Tax Repeal, and More - June 15, 2018
- In The Tank (ep143) – Social Security Insolvency, Free College?, and Vermont Paying You to Live There - June 8, 2018
John is out this week, so Donny welcomes Michael Hamilton, managing editor of Health Care News in episode #59 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Mercatus Center and the John Locke Foundation.
Because Donny is being joined by an expert in health care policy, it only makes sense to focus on health care topics in this episode.
Donny and Michael talk about a two new reports by the Mercatus Center. The first report, titled “40 Years of Certificate-of-Need Laws Across America,” discusses the progression of CON reform throughout the country. The report does a great job of summarizing everything you should know about these terrible regulations.
The second report titled, “Certificate-of-Need Laws and Hospital Quality,” dissects the relatively new claim that CON laws enhance the quality of health care. In reality, CON laws decrease health care quality and increase costs.
They then go on to discuss an article from the John Locke Foundation titled “3 Ways North Carolina Can Improve Access To Health Care With Less Government Intervention.” By reforming CON laws and relaying on Direct Primary Care, states can allow health care to reach more people.
- (Thursday, October 20) The Oklahoma Council of Public Affairs – 2016 Liberty Gala @ the Renaissance Hotel in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- (Thursday, October 27) The Acton Institute – 26th Annual Dinner @ the JW Marriott Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- (Wednesday, October 12) Ther Heartland Institute – Stop Fed Ed (discussing Common Core) @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.