Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep166) – Green New Deal, Amazon HQ2 Finds a Home - November 16, 2018
- In The Tank (ep165) – State Policy and the Midterms, China Social Credit Scores - November 9, 2018
- In The Tank (ep164) – Halloween Laws, Plan to Avert Debt Crisis, Governors’ Fiscal Report Cards - November 2, 2018
John and Donny continue their weekly exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #58 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Cato Institute, the Independent Women’s Forum, and the Mackinac Center for Public Policy.
Featured Work of the Week
Today’s PolicyBot featured work of the week comes from the Cato Institute. The report, titled “Fiscal Policy Report Card on America’s Governors 2016,” uses seven variables to rank governors on fiscal policy. John and Donny discuss the report in general and talk about the winners and the losers of the report card.
In the World of Think Tankery
Donny and John discuss a policy brief recently released by the Independent Women’s Forum titled “Overtime Regulations.” Starting December 1, new Department of Labor regulations will go into effect that will alter the way many Americans are compensated. They talk about these new regulations and the unintended consequences that will likely cause more trouble than they’re worth.
Next they talk about a report from the Mackinac Center for Public Policy titled, “Full School Choice Tracking Survey 2016.” The report shows the levels of support voucher programs, charter schools, educational savings account, and other education issues have throughout Michigan.
- (Thursday, October 27) The Acton Institute – 26th Annual Dinner with keynote speaker Rev. Paul Scalia @ the JW Marriott Hotel in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
- (Wednesday, October 26) The Heartland Institute – 2nd Annual Women in Politics Event featuring several Illinois state representatives @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- (Saturday, November 12) Thomas W. Smith Foundation, and the Center for History of Political Economy is sponsoring an event called “the End of Socialism.” @ Duke University in North Carolina.