Latest posts by Lennie Jarratt (see all)
- Public School Employee Turning $358,000 into $7.1 Million - August 31, 2018
- Illinois Superintendent to Heartland, “Drop Dead” - July 19, 2018
- Ariz. Teachers Should Strike Against Administrative Bloat - June 6, 2018
Kiarre Harris withdrew her children from the Buffalo Public School District in December 2016. Less than a month later, Child Protective Services (CPS) showed up at her door with police officers. CPS claimed Harris was keeping here children from attending school even though the homeschooling paperwork was filed. Harris was arrested for refusing to allow CPS to take custody of her children. Harris’ children have been in foster care since this incident.
- Four ways HR 610 will threaten your rights.
- Home School Legal Defense Association sues New York City for allegedly mistreating homeschool families.
- DeVos backlash sees parents promising to homeschool Kids.
- Homeschooling booming in South Dakota.
Common Core News
- 2017 legislation on standards, assessments, and data privacy.
- Michigan legislative committee holds hearing on repealing Common Core.
- Education reform expert recommends shutting down Department of Education.
- Trump pauses Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) accountability regulations.
- Homeschool myths and how homeschooling “might be better than public or charter schools.”