As we approach one year of Homeschool Monthly, I would like to hear your ideas on topics you would like to see covered. Here are a few questions to jump start your brainstorming:
Project Manager for School Reform at The Heartland Institute
Jarratt is the former managing editor of Champion News, an Illinois based news website focused on reporting on Education and Illinois Politics, and former managing editor of Education Matters. Jarratt has presented analysis on Common Core, School Choice analysis on Fox News, Breitbart, ABC Chicago and multiple radio outlets and newspapers across Illinois.
Latest posts by Lennie Jarratt (see all)
- Homeschool Monthly # 18: What does every student need this holiday season? The Kid-Friendly Constitution! - November 30, 2017
- Homeschool Monthly #17: Halloween Science Experiments - October 25, 2017
- Homeschool Monthly #16: We The Students Scholarship Essay Contest - September 28, 2017
- What type of homeschool stories interest you the most?
- What type of stories do you not want to see?
- What homeschool news sites do you read most frequently?
- Would you be interested in submitting your own homeschool stories?
Please email me with your ideas. I look forward to reading them and providing useful information.
- KENTUCKY: Knock knock: I’m here to help you with my paperwork.
- MAINE: Legislature considers bill that would give money to parents for homeschooling.
- NORTH DAKOTA: Homeschoolers now have more freedom in standardized testing options.
- TEXAS: Senate passes “Tim Tebow bill” that allows homeschoolers to compete in high school sports.
- NATIONAL: How will President Trump affect homeschooling?
Homeschool Tips and Inspiration
- Five things every new homeschooling parent needs to know.
- Ten things you should never say to a homeschool mom.
- Homeschooling when you don’t feel like it.
- Homeschooled teen brings hope to those in need.
- Homeschool band takes gold at competition.
- Homeschool robotics team wins Engineering Inspiration Award.
- Homeschooling mom wins distinguished student award.
- The White House wants your input on what changes should be made at the Department of Education and other areas of government?
- Eight digital skills you can learn from home for free.
- The Bill of Rights Institute offers free student programs covering voting, the Constitution, civic leadership, and debate resources.
- Hundreds of free audio books and ebooks to download. You can also find free online courses from some of the world’s most respected universities.
- (Nominal fees) Living history lessons at Historic Zoar Village and Fort Laurens on Friday, April 28.
Heartland Education Resources