Latest posts by Lennie Jarratt (see all)
- Ariz. Teachers Should Strike Against Administrative Bloat - June 6, 2018
- MLK’s Legacy of Freedom - April 4, 2018
- Homeschool Monthly # 18: What does every student need this holiday season? The Kid-Friendly Constitution! - November 30, 2017
The Bill of Rights Institute is sponsoring the We The Students Scholarship Essay Contest. The topic is “To what extent in the U.S. does the government – federal, state, or local – have the duty to monitor Internet content?” The grand prize winner will receive $5,000 and a scholarship to the Constitutional Academy. Six runner-ups will receive $1,250 each, and eight honorable mentions will receive $500 each.
- Analysis shows homeschoolers save taxpayers billions of dollars.
- Senator Graham introduces Parental Rights Amendment.
- Idaho district to provide online courses free to homeschool families.
- North Carolina Division for Non-Public Education (DNPE) changes database rules affecting homeschoolers.
Homeschool Tips and Inspiration
- Future doctor who was homeschooled triple majors at Morehouse.
- Guiding your teen to explore career possibilities.
- It’s a great time to be a homeschooler.
- Podcast – New Homeschooling Phenomenon: ‘Road Schooling’.
- Kids thrive under self-directed education.
- Delay schooling for happier, more well-adjusted children.
- The benefits of AP® and CLEP tests for college-bound teens.
- College entrance tests: making sense of the ACT, SAT, and CLT.
- Classic Learning Test (CLT) practice tests.
- The PSAT tests: a litany of choices for college-bound students.
Heartland Education Resources