Latest posts by Lennie Jarratt (see all)
The Bill of Rights Institute is sponsoring the We The Students Scholarship Essay Contest. The topic is “To what extent in the U.S. does the government – federal, state, or local – have the duty to monitor Internet content?” The grand prize winner will receive $5,000 and a scholarship to the Constitutional Academy. Six runner-ups will receive $1,250 each, and eight honorable mentions will receive $500 each.
- Analysis shows homeschoolers save taxpayers billions of dollars.
- Senator Graham introduces Parental Rights Amendment.
- Idaho district to provide online courses free to homeschool families.
- North Carolina Division for Non-Public Education (DNPE) changes database rules affecting homeschoolers.
Homeschool Tips and Inspiration
- Future doctor who was homeschooled triple majors at Morehouse.
- Guiding your teen to explore career possibilities.
- It’s a great time to be a homeschooler.
- Podcast – New Homeschooling Phenomenon: ‘Road Schooling’.
- Kids thrive under self-directed education.
- Delay schooling for happier, more well-adjusted children.
- The benefits of AP® and CLEP tests for college-bound teens.
- College entrance tests: making sense of the ACT, SAT, and CLT.
- Classic Learning Test (CLT) practice tests.
- The PSAT tests: a litany of choices for college-bound students.
Heartland Education Resources