In a hard fought election campaign, voters in the city of Tigard appear to have narrowly enacted another barrier to light rail expansion in suburban Portland. The Washington County Elections Division reported that with 100 percent of precincts counted, Charter Amendment 34-210 had obtained 51 percent of the vote, compared to 49 percent opposed.
Tagged: charter amendment
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- Pfeiffer: President's State of the Union Plan Will 'Absolutely Not' Pass
- Lame Duck Obama Gets Old-time Left-Wing Religion
- 5 Reasons to Tune Out Russell Brand's 'Revolution'
- Omission Watch: Leftists Stage 'Die-In' Over Obama Library In Chicago
- CNN's Jim Clancy Melts Down on Twitter Over Paris Massacre's Cause
- Big Brother Wants to Watch You Drive
- Is Metro Fixable? If So, Why Doesn't Our Political Class Fix It?
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations