President Obama’s speech yesterday on inequality is being lauded as one of the best of his life, by people who paid attention to it. It’s a sad speech to read, in some sense, since it contains within it the promise of a presidency that we never saw come to fruition – the sort of policy effort that might have been launched to bipartisan success in the first year of his presidency, instead of his effort on Obamacare.
- Medicaid Reform Could Save Ohio $1 Billion May 4, 2016
- Virginia Gov. Bars State Lawmakers Having Input on Clean Power Plan May 4, 2016
- Ohio Medicaid Cost-Sharing Proposal Denounced as ‘Window Dressing’ May 4, 2016
- Missouri Lawmakers Approve Referendum to Pump Up Gas Tax May 3, 2016
- Despite More than a Billion Dollars in Government Subsidies Largest Renewable Energy Company Filing for Bankruptcy May 3, 2016
Somewhat Reasonable People
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
Tag CloudBarack-Obama budget carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom global warming government hdpodcast health health care heartland daily podcast Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation regulations science Socialism Taxes United Nations
Heartland in Paris!
Heartland’s Paris/COP-21 Briefing
Watch ALL of Heartland’s 12/7 Climate Science Event in Paris for COP-21