A creative commons license is a kind of copyright license that gives people the right to use, share, and expand upon a creator’s work whether this is an art work, a piece of literature, or a scientific or academic material. It offers a significant protection against accusations of copyright infringement and is believed by some to offer artists a degree of flexibility they may desire. It is also in the interest of citizens to see that the artwork they pay for through government funding for the Arts is made available for their benefit in some fashion. Mandating creative commons licensing for all state-funded artwork would accomplish that goal.
Why You Should Attend Heartland’s Benefit on Sept. 15, 2016
Somewhat Reasonable People
- The NAACP vs. Minority Children August 27, 2016Interest groups tend to care more about money and influence than the people they represent, but some sellouts deserve special attention. Here’s one: The outfit…
- Free Speech Is the Basis of a True Education August 26, 2016Free speech is at risk at the very institution where it should be assured: the university. Invited speakers are disinvited because a segment of a university…
- The Chicago School of Free Speech August 26, 2016For a change, we come not to bury a college president but to praise him. His name is Robert Zimmer, and nearby the University of Chicago president defends the…
- 25 years on, here are the worst ever predictions about the internet August 26, 2016On 27 February 1995, the American magazine Newsweek shared the truth about the internet. "The truth in no online database will replace your daily newspaper, no…
- When Did Bill Nye ‘the Science Guy’ Become So Insufferable? August 25, 2016B ill Nye — “the Science Guy” — thinks that the recent deadly flooding in Louisiana is a result of climate change. That’s not surprising. Bill Nye thinks…
- The Federal Reserve Needs New Thinking August 25, 2016Photo: Getty Images/SuperStock RM The conduct of monetary policy in recent years has been deeply flawed. U.S. economic growth lags prior recoveries, falling…
- The NAACP vs. Minority Children August 27, 2016
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
Tag CloudBarack-Obama budget carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom global warming google government hdpodcast health health care heartland daily podcast Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality Obama Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation regulations science Socialism Taxes technology
Heartland in Paris!
Heartland’s Paris/COP-21 Briefing
Watch ALL of Heartland’s 12/7 Climate Science Event in Paris for COP-21