The special interests behind national curriculum and testing mandates are pouring millions into public relations and lobbying this spring after parents across the country began to oppose and destabilize their big project. Friday, Politico reported that the Business Roundtable and Chamber of Commerce are buying pricey ads on Fox News and mobilizing their state chapters to keep lawmakers in line. The same day, Bill Gates joined George Stephanopoulos to continue branding the Common Core mandates as a catalyst for improving U.S. education. Gates has joined with left-leaning philanthropies on a communications push worth more than $2.35 million.
Tagged: george stephanopoulos
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- What happened to work in America?
- The Breakdown of Civil Society
- Journalism - kingdom of fools
- If At First You Fail Miserably & Blow Up The Financial System, Do It Again! | Zero Hedge
- Here's a shocker: Smart teachers produce smarter students
- The Shocking Three Words Darrell Issa Asked Jonathan Gruber During Obamacare Hearing
- Gruber gets Gowdy-ed
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations