I confess that I am more than a bit mystified at the way FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler and his Democrat colleagues, seemingly, are moving ever closer in the direction of embracing a Title II reclassification of Internet access services. No matter how loud the banging of pots and pans outside the FCC’s headquarters, it would be terribly unsound as a matter of policy to subject Internet services to the same Title II public utility regulatory regime that applied to last century’s POTS (“plain old telephone”) service.
Tagged: government overreach
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- Pfeiffer: President's State of the Union Plan Will 'Absolutely Not' Pass
- Lame Duck Obama Gets Old-time Left-Wing Religion
- 5 Reasons to Tune Out Russell Brand's 'Revolution'
- Omission Watch: Leftists Stage 'Die-In' Over Obama Library In Chicago
- CNN's Jim Clancy Melts Down on Twitter Over Paris Massacre's Cause
- Big Brother Wants to Watch You Drive
- Is Metro Fixable? If So, Why Doesn't Our Political Class Fix It?
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations