The issues surrounding the right to bear arms are many and varied. Most often the debate centers around the lethality of modern firearms, especially “assault weapons” that can fire rapidly with large magazines. Yet one element of the debate frequently referenced obliquely in the mainstream media concerns the actual intent and function of the Second Amendment. Some progressive groups have been endeavoring to turn the originalist position against itself, so to speak. Their arguments are often baffling to those unprepared for them, but they are easily beaten with a little preparation.
Why You Should Attend Heartland’s Benefit on Sept. 15, 2016
Somewhat Reasonable People
- When Did Bill Nye ‘the Science Guy’ Become So Insufferable? August 25, 2016B ill Nye — “the Science Guy” — thinks that the recent deadly flooding in Louisiana is a result of climate change. That’s not surprising. Bill Nye thinks…
- The Federal Reserve Needs New Thinking August 25, 2016Photo: Getty Images/SuperStock RM The conduct of monetary policy in recent years has been deeply flawed. U.S. economic growth lags prior recoveries, falling…
- University of Chicago rolls out alarming message to “safe space” advocates - Hot Air August 25, 2016posted at 9:21 am on August 25, 2016 by Jazz Shaw In a crushing blow to special snowflakes and Social Justice Warriors around the nation, the University of…
- High Speed Rail On Track to Incur Billions in Cost Overruns - California Political Review August 24, 2016High-speed rail continues to be an expensive, sick joke for California. Under the current plan, it is no longer “high-speed” and projected costs, which seem to…
- The Robots Are Coming. Welcome Them August 23, 2016Photo: Getty Images Is it time to bow to our robot overlords? Last week analysts at Morgan Stanley , MS 0.42 % using data from an Oxford University study ,…
- White Privilege? How Press Protected DiCaprio August 17, 2016Sometimes the best way to read the news today is to skip to the end of a story. Journalism, in theory, is all about getting the facts lined up at the top of the…
- When Did Bill Nye ‘the Science Guy’ Become So Insufferable? August 25, 2016
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
Tag CloudBarack-Obama budget carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom global warming google government hdpodcast health health care heartland daily podcast Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality Obama Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation regulations science Socialism Taxes technology
Heartland in Paris!
Heartland’s Paris/COP-21 Briefing
Watch ALL of Heartland’s 12/7 Climate Science Event in Paris for COP-21