In today’s Health Care News Podcast, Brian Blase, senior research fellow at the Mercatus Center at George Mason University, joined Health Care News Managing Editor Michael Hamilton to discuss the disparity between promises many Americans were told the Affordable Care Act (ACA) would fulfill, and the stunning reality three years into the ACA’s implementation and six years after President Barack Obama signed the ACA into law.
Tagged: health insurance
In today’s edition of The Heartland Daily Podcast, editor and author of the Consumer Power Report, Justin Haskins joins New Media Specialist Donny Kendal to discuss the upcoming troubles for Obamacare and the proposed plan to create a single-payer healthcare system in the state of Colorado.
The Obama Administration has routinely used a “9 million” figure when estimating new Obamacare enrollments, but according to a report released by the Heritage foundation, only a very small percentage – less than 3% of all new enrollments – are actually applying for insurance on the exchanges. The other 97% are the direct result of massive Medicaid expansions.
In today’s edition of the Heartland Daily Podcast, Rep. Tara Mack, a Republican member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, representing District 57A (Apple Valley and Burnsville), joins managing editor Kenneth Artz to discuss the future of MNsure, the state’s troubled online health insurance exchange created under Obamacare.
The launch of HealthCare.gov, the federal government’s online health insurance marketplace, in October 2013 was a complete disaster, a reality even the most ardent supporters of Obamacare admit. There were multiple site crashes, long waiting times for anxious consumers, and one delay after another.
The U.S. Supreme Court could well blow the Democrats’ cover in King v. Burwell if it rules that people in the 37 states that did not establish an Exchange cannot legally get taxpayer subsidies for health insurance.
In today’s edition of The Heartland Daily Podcast, Kenneth Artz, managing editor of Health Care News speaks with Seton Motley. Motley is the president of Less Government, a DC-based non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the power of government and protecting the First Amendment from governmental assault. Motley and Artz discuss the ongoing meltdown of the Oregon state health insurance exchange.
In Today’s edition of The Heartland Daily Podcast, we listen in as Senior Fellow Peter Ferrara joins The Joyce Kaufman Show to talk about his upcoming book, Power to the People: The New Road to Freedom and Prosperity for the Poor, Seniors, and Those Most in Need of the World’s Best Health Care.
The Supreme Court’s ruling in the case of King v. Burwell will come out within the next three months. Because the Obama administration did not follow its own law as passed by congressional Democrats and signed by President Obama, that decision will turn Obamacare inside out, creating chaos in health insurance and health care.
Obamacare recently passed the five-year milestone, and etiquette would suggest an anniversary gift is in order for the politicians who passed and implemented the law. The traditional gift for five-year anniversaries is wood, and the more modern gift is silver. In this case, I’d recommend silver pieces – more than 29 but fewer than 31 – in light of the betrayal against American workers this law represents.
In today’s edition of The Heartland Daily Podcast, managing editor of Health Care News, Sean Parnell, talks with John R. Graham. Graham is a senior fellow in health care policy at the National Center for Policy Analysis. Graham and Parnell discuss the health care related impacts of the proposed GOP budget.
In this episode of the Budget & Tax News podcast, Buckeye Institute for Public Policy Solutions analyst Joe Nichols joins the show to explain how several states are trying to cheat the system and profit from Medicaid expansion.
From its inception, the Affordable Care Act (ACA)—popularly called Obamacare— has been touted as the necessary fix for the nation’s health care system needed prior to its passage. Yes, it’s going to cost nearly $2 trillion over the next decade that the nation doesn’t have. Yes, it’s going to radically transform the entire health care marketplace and lead to significant cost increases for families and taxpayers. But no matter what the costs, the Obama administration told us, Obamacare is necessary because there were roughly 49 million Americans without health insurance in 2010, and something had to be done about it.
“I’m sorry sir,” the polite Healthcare.gov customer-service agent said. “There’s nothing I can do. You’re either going to have to enroll in Medicaid or you’re going to have to pay the full health-insurance rate.”
How long will the insurance industry abide being treated like shoe shine boys? Mr. Obama will not be in office forever. His regime is already coming to an end. What will these companies do then?