The issues surrounding the right to bear arms are many and varied. Most often the debate centers around the lethality of modern firearms, especially “assault weapons” that can fire rapidly with large magazines. Yet one element of the debate frequently referenced obliquely in the mainstream media concerns the actual intent and function of the Second Amendment. Some progressive groups have been endeavoring to turn the originalist position against itself, so to speak. Their arguments are often baffling to those unprepared for them, but they are easily beaten with a little preparation.
Tagged: high-capacity magazine
Heartland on YouTube
- How do you solve a problem like the Internet? Not with net neutrality.
- What a Tangled Web Obama Weaves
- JOSEPH CURL: The liberal ideology — Americans too ‘stupid’ to know what’s good for them
- Jonathan Gruber and the Stupid Americans
- Besieged by stupid Americans, Media circles the wagons around Gruber - Hot Air
- David French - How Bad Is Obamacare? Remember the Context For Gruber's Deceptions
- The Democrat Operatives With Bylines Who Didn’t Bark
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations