Nikola Tesla, the Serbian-American inventor, while not a household name, has been recognized by the scientific community many times over the years. The metric system unit for magnetic field strength, for example, is known as the tesla. Tesla made many contributions to various sciences over the years, including pioneering work in magnetic fields, induction motors, and electricity. In recent years, various communities on the Internet have sought to lionize Tesla’s life and to expand knowledge of his scientific achievements. This goal is a noble one, as Tesla’s life is frequently reduced to the position of footnote in science histories. But these communities have also engaged in a very wrong-headed pursuit: trashing the reputation of Thomas Edison.
Why You Should Attend Heartland’s Benefit on Sept. 15, 2016
Somewhat Reasonable People
- High Speed Rail On Track to Incur Billions in Cost Overruns - California Political Review August 24, 2016High-speed rail continues to be an expensive, sick joke for California. Under the current plan, it is no longer “high-speed” and projected costs, which seem to…
- The Robots Are Coming. Welcome Them August 23, 2016Photo: Getty Images Is it time to bow to our robot overlords? Last week analysts at Morgan Stanley , MS 0.42 % using data from an Oxford University study ,…
- White Privilege? How Press Protected DiCaprio August 17, 2016Sometimes the best way to read the news today is to skip to the end of a story. Journalism, in theory, is all about getting the facts lined up at the top of the…
- Last Call for the Open Internet August 17, 2016Photo: Getty Images/iStockphoto “The survival of the internet as we know it is at risk,” declares this year’s Republican platform. President Obama “has launched…
- 19 U.S. Senators promoting tyranny August 15, 2016Nineteen U.S. senators are working to destroy free speech and silence dissent, defying the Constitution they swore to defend and uphold. Senators Harry Reid,…
- As Venezuela's farms and factories falter, the country struggles to feed its people August 15, 2016Just a decade ago, Venezuela was producing nearly all of the sugar it needed. But this week, 30,000 tons of imported Guatemalan sugar is being offloaded at the…
- High Speed Rail On Track to Incur Billions in Cost Overruns - California Political Review August 24, 2016
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
Tag CloudBarack-Obama budget carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom global warming google government hdpodcast health health care heartland daily podcast Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality Obama Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation regulations science Socialism Taxes technology
Heartland in Paris!
Heartland’s Paris/COP-21 Briefing
Watch ALL of Heartland’s 12/7 Climate Science Event in Paris for COP-21