Nikola Tesla, the Serbian-American inventor, while not a household name, has been recognized by the scientific community many times over the years. The metric system unit for magnetic field strength, for example, is known as the tesla. Tesla made many contributions to various sciences over the years, including pioneering work in magnetic fields, induction motors, and electricity. In recent years, various communities on the Internet have sought to lionize Tesla’s life and to expand knowledge of his scientific achievements. This goal is a noble one, as Tesla’s life is frequently reduced to the position of footnote in science histories. But these communities have also engaged in a very wrong-headed pursuit: trashing the reputation of Thomas Edison.
- Despite More than a Billion Dollars in Government Subsidies Largest Renewable Energy Company Filing for Bankruptcy May 3, 2016
- Study: Massachusetts Bill Would Raise Drug Costs, Make Companies Divulge Proprietary Info May 3, 2016
- Government Support for Solar Power Being Reconsidered Nationwide May 2, 2016
- REGROW Act Would Require FDA to Fast-Track Regenerative Meds May 2, 2016
- Illinois: Who’s Afraid of Consolidation? May 2, 2016
Somewhat Reasonable People
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
- How to Kill the Internet
- A Wronged Man
- Swedish Government To Spend Millions To Encourage Citizens To Trade Meat For Insects To End Global Warming
- Dear university administrators - Never go full "Melissa Click"
- The Federal Speech Police Are At it Again
- The Survivor
- The future of TV is arriving faster than anyone predicted
Tag CloudBarack-Obama budget carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom global warming government hdpodcast health health care heartland daily podcast Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation regulations science Socialism Taxes United Nations
Heartland in Paris!
Heartland’s Paris/COP-21 Briefing
Watch ALL of Heartland’s 12/7 Climate Science Event in Paris for COP-21