On one hand, President Obama extoled efforts to increase fuel efficiency to “help America wean itself off foreign oil.” He touted the new reality of “more oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world, the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years.” On the other hand, he promised to use his “authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations”—which is code for more national monuments and endangered species designations that will lock up federal lands from productive use.
Tagged: oil dependency
Heartland on YouTube
- IRS Admits To A Smidgeon Of A Felony
- The Obama Doctrine
- At a time when violent crime in the US is the lowest in a generation why is there an epidemic of police violence?
- Michelle Obama's Crazy, Embarrassing Potato Manifesto
- The Purge Arrives at the University of Virginia: PC Thugs versus Douglas Laycock - ProfessorBainbridge.com
- Obama will wait until after election to impose his vision of how we should live
- Obama Assigns Troops to Global Warming Detail | The Blog on Obama: White House Dossier
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations