On one hand, President Obama extoled efforts to increase fuel efficiency to “help America wean itself off foreign oil.” He touted the new reality of “more oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world, the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years.” On the other hand, he promised to use his “authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations”—which is code for more national monuments and endangered species designations that will lock up federal lands from productive use.
Tagged: oil dependency
Heartland on YouTube
- Ten questions for Al Gore - Columnists - The Prince Albert Daily Herald
- Super Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson Doesn't Understand Statistics
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- Is The Left Approaching a Kool-Aid Moment?
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- Patterico's Pontifications » IRS Says Lerner Blackberry Wiped Clean After Start of Congressional Probe
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations