On one hand, President Obama extoled efforts to increase fuel efficiency to “help America wean itself off foreign oil.” He touted the new reality of “more oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world, the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years.” On the other hand, he promised to use his “authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations”—which is code for more national monuments and endangered species designations that will lock up federal lands from productive use.
Tagged: oil dependency
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- What happened to work in America?
- The Breakdown of Civil Society
- Journalism - kingdom of fools
- If At First You Fail Miserably & Blow Up The Financial System, Do It Again! | Zero Hedge
- Here's a shocker: Smart teachers produce smarter students
- The Shocking Three Words Darrell Issa Asked Jonathan Gruber During Obamacare Hearing
- Gruber gets Gowdy-ed
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations