On one hand, President Obama extoled efforts to increase fuel efficiency to “help America wean itself off foreign oil.” He touted the new reality of “more oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world, the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years.” On the other hand, he promised to use his “authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations”—which is code for more national monuments and endangered species designations that will lock up federal lands from productive use.
Tagged: oil dependency
Heartland on YouTube
- The DiploMad 2.0: I Watched that "Madam Secretary" Show . . . Stunned Ox.
- Charles C. W. Cooke - Robert Kennedy Jr., Aspiring Tyrant
- Sorry, Politico, But Lois Lerner Is Not A Victim
- 5 Ways ISIS Can Reduce Its Carbon Footprint
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Wants To Jail His Political Opponents – Accuses Koch Brothers of ‘Treason’ – ‘They ought to be serving time for it’ | Climate Depot
- Anti-capitalist march in NYC mentions climate change; weather remains unchanged | Human Events
- SOON & MONCKTON: Boycotting the U.N. climate summit
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations