On one hand, President Obama extoled efforts to increase fuel efficiency to “help America wean itself off foreign oil.” He touted the new reality of “more oil produced at home than we buy from the rest of the world, the first time that’s happened in nearly twenty years.” On the other hand, he promised to use his “authority to protect more of our pristine federal lands for future generations”—which is code for more national monuments and endangered species designations that will lock up federal lands from productive use.
Tagged: oil dependency
Heartland on YouTube
The Climate Change Awards
- Pfeiffer: President's State of the Union Plan Will 'Absolutely Not' Pass
- Lame Duck Obama Gets Old-time Left-Wing Religion
- 5 Reasons to Tune Out Russell Brand's 'Revolution'
- Omission Watch: Leftists Stage 'Die-In' Over Obama Library In Chicago
- CNN's Jim Clancy Melts Down on Twitter Over Paris Massacre's Cause
- Big Brother Wants to Watch You Drive
- Is Metro Fixable? If So, Why Doesn't Our Political Class Fix It?
Tag Cloudal gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations