It began as the idea of one eccentric entrepreneur, but now has 1.3 million signatories backing it: the case for breaking California up into six separate states is gathering steam. When the Six Californias campaign began, most serious commentators thought it was crackpot scheme, a pipe-dream of a few people that had no hope of gaining traction. They have been proved wrong. To an extent anyway.
Tagged: public works
- Walker, Rubio Present Plans to Repeal and Replace Obamacare September 1, 2015
- Unhitching the School Bus September 1, 2015
- Poll: Americans Oppose CFPB Overreach, Unaccountability September 1, 2015
- U.S. House Passes Ban on States’ Requiring GMO Labeling September 1, 2015
- Environmental Madness, Government Corruption Exposed August 31, 2015
Somewhat Reasonable People
Heartland on Facebook
Heartland on YouTube
- Obama's apocalyptic Alaskan scenario more fiction than fact
- "Cultural libertarians" v. "Social Justice Warriors"
- The Socialist Dream, Venezuela Version
- President Obama's Strange Definition of 'Rent-Seeking'
- TheMoneyIllusion » Some extremely misleading stock market data
- A Note On Monopsony Power, Wages, and ‘Wage Discrimination’
- Free Speech And The 'Chilling' Laura Kipnis Allegation
Tag CloudBarack-Obama carbon dioxide climate change CO2 coal Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC fossil fuels fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty natural gas net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare oil Podcast politics president obama regulation Republicans science Socialism Taxes technology United Nations