Is wood the best fuel to generate electricity? Despite wood’s low energy density and high cost, utilities in the US and abroad are switching from coal to wood to produce electrical power. The switch to wood is driven by regulations from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other international organizations. These regulations are based on the false assumption that burning wood reduces carbon dioxide emissions.
Tagged: wood burning
Heartland on YouTube
- Madden NFL Football Reminds Us Of How Old We Are
- By Decree It Is Ordered That …
- When a Hamburger Becomes a Doughnut and Other Lessons About Tax Inversions and Globalization
- Climate Alarmism: When Is This Bozo Going Down?
- Warren Buffett's Tax Whopper
Tag Cloudaffordable care act al gore Barack-Obama big government carbon dioxide climate change CO2 Common Core Congress Democrats economics economy education energy energy policy environment environmental protection agency EPA FCC federal communications commission fracking freedom free market global warming government green energy health care Heartland Institute internet IPCC liberty net neutrality NIPCC Obama Obama administration Obamacare politics president obama regulation science Socialism statism Taxes technology United Nations