- Real Climate Science from David Legates Seems to Scare the Media, Will it Scare NOAA? - September 12, 2020
- New Heartland Podcast: Ill Literacy, Episode VI: Congress at War (Guest: Fergus M. Bordewich) - August 22, 2020
- Talking California Blackouts on The Heartland Institute’s ‘In the Tank’ Podcast - August 22, 2020
As I noted in this recent blog post, global temperatures stopped rising in 1997. I haven’t seen much reporting of this in the American media — there’s an election coming up after all — but the good folks at Sun News in Canada think it’s a worthy story.
Heartland Institute friend Tom Harris of the International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC) on Wednesday was a guest on a segment of Charles Adler’s daily program to talk about this startling development. Definitely watch the six-minute video embedded below, but here’s some takeaways from the segment with Tom, who has presented at two of out International Conferences on Climate Change:
In short, the data from the UK’s Met Office — upon which the UN’s IPCC relies — shows that the experts don’t really know what’s going on with Earth’s climate. We were told that CO2 emissions from humans would causing the global temperature to rise inexorably. In fact, NOAA asserted about two decades ago that if the climate models don’t show warming in 15 years, then there must be something wrong with the models. “Well, it’s been 16 years,” Tom says. Perhaps we’re reordering our economies and lifestyles for nothing?
Tom also notes that the latest data from the Met Office suggest that natural forces — such as solar activity and ocean feedbacks — might be stronger than human inputs of CO2. At the very least, that’s something that should be discussed … and has at Heartland’s seven climate conferences of “skeptics” of catastrophic man-caused global warming.
Time to roll the tape:
As I noted in my previous blog post: How often do the Roosters of the Apocalypse have to be wrong before they start receiving the public mockery they have well earned?
Again, here’s the chart Tom is talking about:
The Heartland Institute has been comprehensively reporting the real, non-alarmist science on the climate for years. You’d do well to:
- Watch our seven International Conferences on Climate Change.
- Review our two peer-reviewed scientific volumes, Climate Change Reconsidered and Climate Change Reconsidered: 2011 Interim Report.
- Visit the environment suite at Heartland.org
- Subscribe to our Climate Change Weekly newsletter.
- Check out our friends at the Nongovernmental International Panel on Climate Change (NIPCC).
- Read the Environment Section of the Heartlander digital magazine.
- Listen to our Environment & Climate News Podcast, including a very prescient recent podcast with Heartland Institute Science Director Jay Lehr on the “Case Against Global Warming Alarmism.”
That’s just for starters … if you want to be as informed as Sun News viewers are about what’s really going on with the Earth’s climate, and no longer be played for a fool by the MSM.