Jim covered Congress and The White House during the George W. Bush administration for The Washington Times, and worked as a reporter, editorial writer and columnist for newspapers in Pennsylvania, Virginia, and California. He has appeared on the Fox News Channel, CNN, MSNBC, C-Span, and many local and national talk radio shows to talk politics and policy.
Latest posts by Jim Lakely (see all)
- And the Award for Media Hackery Goes to … The Weather Channel - April 18, 2019
- The Insanity Begins - February 13, 2019
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Ruined the Magic of the Original, Mostly Because it Couldn’t Hide the Woke Agenda - December 26, 2018
On August 6, author and health care policy expert Sean Parnell took part in Heartland’s Author Series to discuss his new book The Self-Pay Patient: Affordable Healthcare Choices in the Age of Obamacare.
The Self-Pay Patient reveals secrets to taking control of both your healthcare and your health costs, explaining how to find affordable care outside of conventional insurance, how to escape bureaucratic medicine, and how to opt-out of Obamacare. It was one of the most lively audience discussions in recent memory for our author series.
After his presenation, Sean sat down with Heartland Institute Director or Communications Jim Lakely for a podcast to discuss his book. In this podcast, Sean and Jim discussed:
* How one could opt out of Obamacare, with practical tips about how to make it happen
* How to find health care providers who have also opted out of Obamacare
* Why this is a better option than participating in government health care.
And much more. Listen via the player above.
Subscribe to the Heartland Daily Podcast free at this link.