Latest posts by Joy Pullmann (see all)
- Surveillance Isn’t The Solution To America’s College Woes - May 29, 2015
- The Civil Disobedience Charles Murray Wants Has Already Arrived - May 26, 2015
- Ted Cruz Gets Common Core Way Better Than ThinkProgress Does - March 27, 2015
An anthropological look at this curious, intelligent, frededom-loving tribe.
1. But I’m not even done with last year’s math book!
Don’t worry. Public schoolers aren’t, either. And their books are four grades behind.
2. Like my back-to-school outfit?
3. Mom bought way too many school supplies to compensate for “not being a real teacher.”
You don’t need to compensate, mom. Research shows homeschoolers whose parents have just a high school diploma still do better than the average public schooler.
4. And the four-pack of pianos.
5. School? What school?
6. Goodbye, friends. See you next summer.
7. Here’s my school uniform, same as the summer uniform.
We know homeschoolers don’t ever work in pajamas. Just like telecommuters.
8. Ya’ll enjoy school. I’ll over here making robots, real log cabins, and probiotic-filled food. And playing Settlers of Catan.
9. Can I get a science credit for watching a home birth?
10. Maybe it’s time to get a bigger bus.
Photo By: Allan Henderson
Photo By: Eric Gelinas
Photo By: tony puyol
Photo By: dr_tr
Photo By: David Goodman
Photo By: Ingo Bernhardt
Photo By: Liz
Photo By: M 93
Photo By: anthony kelly
Photo By: ShelahD
[First published at The Federalist.]