- In The Tank (ep204) – Climate “Contrarians” Blacklisted? Red Flag Laws - August 16, 2019
- In The Tank (ep203) – Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan Podcast: A Response - August 9, 2019
- In The Tank (ep202) – Craziest Proposals From Democratic Candidates - August 2, 2019
John and Donny continue their exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #47 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the American Enterprise Institute, the Platte Institute, and the Pacific Research Institute.
Featured Work of the Week
In this Featured Work of the Week segment, Donny and John discuss a research paper from the American Enterprise Institute titled “The Obama Economy and the Shrinking Middle Class.” The paper explains the conditions the middle class has been suffering under over the past 7 years. These conditions include poor yearly GDP growth, a stagnant “real” unemployment rate, and reduction in economic freedom for entrepreneurs. Donny and John review the study and react to its conclusions.
In the World of Think Tankery
In this week’s “think tankery” segment, Donny and John look at the first two parts of a six-part series from the Platte Institute titled “Removing Barriers in Nebraska.” The policy series as a whole attempts to determine why there is a continuing outflow of capital to neighboring states and how to prevent that outflow. As Donny mentions in the segment, while this study is specific to Nebraska, the approach and the conclusions can be applied to every state across the country.
In the last part of this segment, Donny and John once again talk about ColoradoCare – a proposed statewide single-payer healthcare system. The article titled “Don’t Buy the Coloradocare Single Payer Snake Oil,” is authored by Sally C. Pipes, CEO and President of the Pacific Research Center. Pipes lays out why the plan WILL fail and highlights how similar plans are already harming citizens in states around the country, and countries around the world.
- Cato Institute (July 24-29) Cato University 2016 @ The Cato Institute in Washington D.C.
- Mackinac Center (Friday, July 29) Friedman Legacy Day in Midland, Michigan
- Heartland Institute (Wednesday, July 20) Property Rights in 21st-Century America @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
heartland daily podcast, hdpodcast, podcast, in the tank, itt, donald kendal, donny kendal, john nothdurft, public policy, american enterprise institute, aei, coloradocare, colorado, single payer, health care, snake oil, pacific research center, platte institute, nebraska, obama, middle class,