- In The Tank (ep204) – Climate “Contrarians” Blacklisted? Red Flag Laws - August 16, 2019
- In The Tank (ep203) – Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan Podcast: A Response - August 9, 2019
- In The Tank (ep202) – Craziest Proposals From Democratic Candidates - August 2, 2019
John and Donny continue their weekly exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #50 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Goldwater Institue, The Heartland Institute, the Georgia Center for Opportunity, and Reason.
Better Know a Think Tank
In today’s Better Know a Think Tank segment, John and Donny welcome to the show Christina Sandefur, Executive Vice President at the Goldwater Institute – a free market think tank based out of Arizona. Sandefur comes on In The Tank to talk about her organization as well as her book, “The Cornerstone of Liberty.”
Featured Work of the Week
In this Featured Work of the Week segment, Donny and John discuss a Policy Brief from The Heartland Institute by Senior Fellow Peter Ferrara titled “Why the United States Has Suffered the Worst Economic Recovery Since the Great Depression.” The report compares the “recovery” of the most recent recession to the average of the recoveries from the previous 11 recessions. Ferrara uses stats and commentary to show the polices practiced by the current administration have failed to initiate a recovery.
In the World of Think Tankery
In this week’s “think tankery” segment, Donny and John look at an article from the Georgia Center for Opportunity titled “A Better Way to Measure Student Success.” The article describes the failure of Common Core and how states are trying to replace these national standards.
The last article discussed comes from Reason titled “Ridiculous Rules For Swordfish, Ceiling Fans, Grain Barges Help Make 2016 The Most Highly Regulated Year in History.”
- (Monday, August 8) The Competitive Enterprise Institute – The Federal regulatory Burden @ The McCormick Place in Chicago, Illinois
- (Wednesday, August 10) Pacific Research Institute – Luncheon with Bestselling Author Andrew C. McCarthy @ Omni Hotel in San Francisco, California (Andrew C. McCarthy is more foreign policy based)
- (Wednesday, August 10) The Heartland Institute – The Collectivist Control of Education and Common Core Standards @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- (Thursday, September 15) The Heartland Institute’s 32nd Anniversary Benefit Dinner featuring P.J. O’Rourke @ The Cotillion in Palatine, Illinois.