Latest posts by Donald Kendal (see all)
- In The Tank (ep204) – Climate “Contrarians” Blacklisted? Red Flag Laws - August 16, 2019
- In The Tank (ep203) – Bernie Sanders on Joe Rogan Podcast: A Response - August 9, 2019
- In The Tank (ep202) – Craziest Proposals From Democratic Candidates - August 2, 2019
John and Donny continue their weekly exploration of think tanks across the country in episode #53 of the In The Tank Podcast. This weekly podcast features (as always) interviews, debates, and roundtable discussions that explore the work of think tanks across the country. The show is available for download as part of the Heartland Daily Podcast every Friday. Today’s podcast features work from the Manhattan Institute, the Ethan Allen Institute, and the Pacific Research Institute.
Featured Work of the Week
Today’s PolicyBot featured work of the week comes from the Manhattan Institute. The report titled “Poverty After Welfare Reform,” responds to critics of welfare reform that claim the landmark legislation made poverty worse in the United States. The report provides data showing these claims are unfounded.
In the World of Think Tankery
In this week’s “think tankery” segment, Donny and John talk about work from the Ethan Allen Institute about the proposed Carbon Tax in Vermont. The article and fact sheet reveals how detrimental the carbon tax would be for the state. Not only would the proposed tax be harmful for the economy, the benefits would be essentially nonexistent.
The last topic John and Donny discuss in this episode is the fact that Aetna, a health insurance giant, is pulling out of most of the obamacare state exchanges. An article from Sally C. Pipes, President and CEO of the Pacific Research Institute titled “Aetna and the great Obamacare Unraveling,” explains why Aetna is pulling out of the exchanges and what effect this will have on consumers going forward.
- (Saturday, August 27) The Independence Institute – Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Party @ the Kiowa Creek Sporting Club in Bennett, Colorado
- (Wednesday, August 31) The Heartland Institute – Global Warming Then and Now, a debate about global warming @ The Heartland Institute in Arlington Heights, Illinois.
- (Friday, September 2) Americans for Prosperity – 10th Annual Defending the American Dream Summit @ the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
- (Thursday, September 15) The Heartland Institute’s 32nd Anniversary Benefit Dinner featuring P.J. O’Rourke @ The Cotillion in Palatine, Illinois.