- Child Safety Accounts: A State by State Analysis - January 30, 2020
- Democrat Governor Wants To Strip School Choice Lifeline From Tens Of Thousands Of Needy Kids - June 13, 2019
- Improving Student Safety 20 Years After Columbine - May 8, 2019
The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) met with Betsy DeVos, secretary of education, to discuss federal law from the homeschool perspective. HSLDA and DeVos discussed discrimination against homeschool graduates and homeschoolers’ desire to be left out of any federal legislation on school choice.
At the meeting, Tricia Powell, a local mother, shared her personal story of why she homeschools her children and the success they’ve had.
According to Will Estrada, director of federal relations at HSLDA, DeVos “emphasized her strong belief that families should be enabled to choose the best form of education for their children, whether that is in a public school, private school, or homeschool.”
- Social Security Administration official denies benefits to homeschool student.
- Social services caseworkers use “welfare check” and police to circumvent the need for warrants to enter a home.
- Stories from 2017 homeschooling graduates.
Homeschool Tips and Inspiration
- Six tips for field-trip challenged homeschoolers.
- Two ways homeschooling will give your kids an advantage.
- From homeschooling mom to Louisiana state representative.
- Top 10 tips for working at home while homeschooling.
- West Virginia legislator wants homeschool students to adopt Common Core State Standards during debate of the “Tim Tebow” bill.
- Why (and how) cursive handwriting helps you learn.