Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. – Ben Franklin.
There was Jimmy Carter’s Iran incompetence, Hillary/Obama’s Benghazi ineptitude, and now President Biden’s junior high antics at Kabul.
Thousands of Afghans are struggling to ensure the physical safety of their families after the Taliban took control of the country have an additional worry. It is that biometric databases and their own digital history can be used to track and target them.
U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has warned of “chilling” curbs on human rights and violations against women and girls. On Monday, August 16, 2021, Amnesty International said thousands of Afghans – including academics, journalists and activists – were “at serious risk of Taliban reprisals.”
After years of a push to digitize databases in Afghanistan and introduce digital identity cards and biometrics for voting, these technologies can now be used to target and attack vulnerable groups.
- Force the masses to take the vaccine.
- The vaccine to force masses to get passports
- The passport is to force masses to get the social credit score.
- The social credit score is to force the masses to obey government
- Then the government can deny the masses food, medicine, housing and travel.