- Fentanyl, a National Crisis - September 28, 2022
- Exposing the Fantasy of Wind and Solar Power to Fuel America’s Economy - September 8, 2022
- Biden to Forgive Student Loan Debt - August 24, 2022
In the novel “1984,” written in 1948, George Orwell presents a dystopian society of our world that at the time was almost unthinkable.
The book was to be a warning to future generations, but apparently has become an instruction manual.
Following are ways that our current world and Orwell’s fictional world resemble each other:
- surveillance cameras everywhere
- the state of perpetual war
- language shortcuts similar to what is termed “Newspeak”
- rewriting history
- reliance on fake news or “alternative facts” as a means of controlling public opinion
- sex without love and marriage
- disposing of the elderly & infirm
- the government is the only truth
*Excerpted and adapted original full report from Natalie Frank here.